Current and upcoming exhibitions
- DongGang Museum of Photography, Metropolis, DongGang International Photo Festival; Yeongwol, South Korea, 14 July – 1 Oct,
- A Turkish Breeze through a Dutch frame - by the Netherlands Embassy in Ankara; Touring through Turkey 2016 - 2018
- Rijksmuseum Twenthe, Enschede (NL) - Fotomanifestatie Enschede, Metropolis (solo); 24 September – 7 January 2018
- Drents Museum, Assen (NL), Kabul Portraits (solo); 24 March – 10 June 2018
- House of History of the Federal Republic of Germany (Haus der Geschichte), Bonn, Germany, Relics of the Cold War; May- August 2018
- Deichtorhallen, Hamburg, Space: Crashes in Street Life (group); June 8 - September 2, 2018
Most exhibited Photographers in 2016
DutchCulture registrates Dutch cultural activities outside The Netherlands.
The most exhibited Photographers in 2016:
The Netherlands Cultural Export 2016
Auction: Young In Prison
Christie’s Auction House, Amsterdam 7 October 2017.
YiPart photography auction. All proceeds go to YiP programs. One Metropolis work will auctioned.
The March 2017 issue (US edition) features Metropolis, 10 pages.
German Historical Museum
Relics of the Cold War in the Berlin (March-August 2016) was visited by more than 46.000 people.
Biennial of Photography, Knokke-Heist, Belgium, Mexico Megalopolis, March 19 - June 5, 2016
By the German Historical Museum, Berlin, English/German (March 2016)
France 2 public TV, Tele Matin
1st prize Street Photography Awards
Metropolis won the first prize in the Street Photography Awards 2015
of LensCulture (Nov. 2015)
Over 24.000 people visited "The Eyes of War" in the German Historical Museum in Berlin (Jan. 2015)
Interview The Eyes of War
by the German Historical Museum, Berlin, English/German (Oct. '14)
GEO Video Interview
GEO Magazine made this video interview about Metropolis, English/German (July '14)
Anastasia Photo in New York presents Relics of the Cold War,
July 12 - September 14, 2014
ARTIST TALK at Photoville New York
Martin Roemers presents Metropolis in conversation with photo editor and curator James Wellford.
12:30 – 1:30pm | Saturday 9/28
Photoville, New York
A preview of Metropolis at Photoville, Brooklyn. 19-29 September, 2013
The New York Times
NYT interview about the Times Square photo (July 28, 2013)
Lecture at Centro Cultual Borges, Buenos Aires, Feb. 21, 2013
Metropolis in The New York Times
NYT article (May 6, 2012)
NYT slideshow (May 6, 2012)
New York Photo Review
The New York Photo Review Martin Roemers at Anastasia Photo
Relics of the Cold War in book Visions of Earth (National Geographic, 2011)
World Press Photo
Metropolis won first prize in Daily Life Stories in World Press Photo 2011Poster WPP exhibition Moscow
- Relics of the Cold War on Artour TV (in German)
- Relics of the Cold War on Daylight Multimedia
- Interview about Kabul Portraits on Youtube (in Dutch, interview starts after 2 minutes)
Prix Pictet/ Growth
Metropolis (nominated for the Prix Pictet) in book Growth (teNeues, 2011)
Lecture at the Fundacion Pedro Mayer, Feb. 19, 2011
Kabul Portraits in book Warzone, Noorderlicht (Oct. 2010)
Martin Roemers is listed as nr. 27 in the Top-100 of Dutch Artists and nr. 5 in the Top-10 of Dutch Photographers. Elsevier Magazine, 1 May 2010.
Panos Profile Voices
Relics of the Cold War on Profile Voices - interactive multimedia on panos.co.uk
Podcast of Relics of the Cold War on Daylight Multimedia
Relics of the Cold War on Artroute ELDERS, The Netherlands (2010)